Friday, May 6, 2011

Day 6 - 'It's Never Easy'

Hello,

Today, we lost a brilliant theatrical mind.  Arthur Laurents died today at the incredible age of 93, and I thought that I'd be remiss were I to let this event go by without acknowledgement.  So, I just wish to send my regards to his family, friends and other fans.  His creative works helped inspire so many of us and truly helped shape musical theater for the best.  I'm sure I'm not alone in wishing to give appropriate thanks.

For today's SOTD, I have a ballad that speaks of the difficulty of moving on.  I hope you enjoy.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------


It’s never easy to walk away.
Troubled times may come, but pass just as fast,
And the pleasant ones are the memories that last.

It’s never easy to let it go.
The fear of losing what you already know is a burden that’s too tough to face,
Fastening you to the same old place.

Same old places, same old faces, smiling, gazing,
Watching you roam…
Welcoming home…

It’s never easy to say goodbye.
Though your dreams see you soaring, the truth is you’ll never touch the sky.
No matter how hard you try.
To fly,
You just get by,
Never fly…
And I…

It’s never easy to walk away,
But it’s far more difficult now to stay.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for joining me for the day, and I'll see you tomorrow with my next SOTD!

~Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment