Friday, May 27, 2011

Day 27 - 'Another Year'

Hello.

So in honor of the passing of another year, I've written a ballad.  It's not as sad as it sounds at first.

-------------------------------------------------------------------


Another year has past,
And thinking back, it went so fast,
Faster than I care to admit.

Another year has flown,
And when I think how much I’ve grown,
It’s hard to grasp the fact that I lived
Through all this shit.

But I know it’s ‘onward, upward’,
I know that time will not stand still
For anything at all, or anyone…

Another year has past.
And with it, hopes are slipping fast away,
So they can keep me on the run.

You chase your hopes a million miles until your heart runs out of steam,
Your soul is weak and weary from the pace.
And when you get your second wind and catch up with your dream,
You learn that it’s already won the race…

Another year is gone,
And with it, one more door is closed,
But as it shuts, you feel a window crack,

Remember, hearts can alter, rearrange what they desire,
One goal can be released, as long as someone can inspire,
The next to take it’s place, and fill the space that’s been left vacant and free…
You’re that someone
To me.


-------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for joining me for the day, and I'll see you tomorrow with another SOTD.

~Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment