Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Day 18 - 'Azure Satellite'

Hello.

Today was an odd one, as I got called in to work my day job last minute.  Awesome.  Money is good, and it kept me from laying in bed all day.  That said, it also kept me from being able to work on my SOTD.

I got home, went for a bite with a friend, and finally sat down to put some words onto the screen.  I am happy with what came from this.  This is a 1950's doo-wop style number.  Imagine a nice quartet of men singing it on a street corner somewhere circa the midpoint of the 20th century.  One of them probably leaning on the streetlamp, and the others huddled around snapping their fingers.  The song would be a steady tempo (set by the bass) and legato during the choruses, then steccato for the bridge.

Enjoy!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


A blue moon hung up above that night,
That night when you first caught my eye.
And though, I know, you were with some other Joe,
That blue moon still painted the sky…

That blue moon hung up above that night,
That night when our gaze first did meet,
It told me square, that we two shared something rare,
That you could make my life complete.

Now, I was still sore, from mooning over girls before,
Down on my luck, they suckled my heart.
But now, your gaze, gleaming from those sapphire rays,
Amazes and sets you apart.

That blue moon that hung up above that night,
It finally shone upon you.
And so, my dear, let me make this perfectly clear,
My drearier days are all through,
That blue moon has shown me to you.

I’m glad that I’d waited for you to be illuminated,
Standing there stuck, you buckled my knees.
I guess I’m from Mars, ‘cuz while most men thank their lucky stars,
I’m thanking that hunk of bleu cheese…

That blue moon that hung up above that night,
It finally shone upon you,
And so, my dear, let me make this perfectly clear,
I’ve found me a love that is true,
That blue moon has shown me to you.

(I am over the moon!)


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for joining me for the day, and I'll see you tomorrow with my next SOTD!

~Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment