Monday, May 16, 2011

Day 16 - 'Words'

Hey,

So today was a busy one.  Work, then caught an informal read-thru of Camelot that a few friends of mine were doing, and some socializing.  When I got home, I was finally able to work on my SOTD.

Today's song is in triple meter.  It should feel lilting and legato, and the underscore should build through the song to the instrumental break, then pull back again for the final few lines.

Enjoy.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Words used to come so easily to me.
I’d sit and feel, my mind would reel with millions that apply.
Thoughts used to form so effortlessly,
Without hesitation, a complete recitation would fly out my mouth like a battle cry.

And the world understood what I told them,
And the world knew me better by tracking my swerves,
And the world could assess me, know how to caress me
To sooth what was irking my nerves.

Words used to come so easily to me,
Relaying the views in my mind,
But lately my words seem to do me no use,
Now that you’ve left me behind.

I’m sure you’re let down, by our bleak situation,
But know even still, I’m filled with adoration…

Words used to come so easily to me,
My mind was so simple to hack,
But now, without you, it’s been closed in a box,
Locked up and caged in, like it was Fort Knox,
Stagnant, and needing you back.

(inst. break)

Words used to…
Just give me one chance and you’ll see,
How I need you to come back to me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for joining me for the day, and I'll see you tomorrow with my next SOTD!

~Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment