Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Back To The Writing Board


Hello.

A simple word...yet one you've not heard from me for a while, huh?  Sorry about that...Let's just say that there has been quite a bit going on for the last year, and I've let it distract me...like a shiny obje- Ooooo, pretty!

Anyway, welcome back!  How about I fill you in on where life has taken my writing adventures since I last was here?  Then we'll all be up to speed, and you don't have to say, 'But Lee, you never told me that you...(fill in with awesome writing adventure)!'

I did.

Right here...right now.

Shortly after my SOTD challenge last summer, I met an amazingly talented songwriter with whom I set out to fashion a musical.  I don't like to name drop, so let's just call him...oh, I don't know...Scott Evan Davis.  (Wait...that is his name.  Guess I do like to name drop.  By the way, if you don't know his work yet, it's incredible.  Go here and give a listen...I promise you won't hate me for it.)

Anyway, Scott and I were creating a story based around a series of songs he'd written.  Some wonderful work, and we had an exciting start, but then two things happened that side-tracked both of us.  First, he started doing concerts...and I mean A LOT of concerts...and producing a cd.

And around the same time, I got accepted as a lyricist into the BMI Lehman Engel Musical Theater Workshop!

I'm sure there are many of you saying, 'Congratulations...What the Hell is that?!'  Well, it's this.  And it's been an amazing experience!  My only wish is that I had realized how cool it would have been to blog about my experience, the learning process, and my ups and downs with it.  But, what can ya do?

Oh, wait...I can blog about this next year!


And so, dear reader, here is my plan.

1.  To share with you various projects done in my first year of the Workshop.  (The good, the bad and the imperfect rhyming!)

2.  To blog through the process of my second year of the Workshop.  (Posting to follow shortly about what our second year entails...)

3.  To create a new challenge outside of the Workshop. (Because apparently I'm just not putting enough pressure on myself!)


So there you have it.  Again, welcome back.  A new beginning to a new set of challenges.

God, I love challenges.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Lee, those are excellent challenges for self. Very excited for you! I look forward to reading great things on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm looking forward to writing great things!

    ReplyDelete